National Fertilizers Limited Plant in PanipatPanipat is an upcoming industrial district of Haryana known for its exceptional progression in terms of trade and industry. The city in itself holds more than 12000 small scale units that coexist with its 49 medium to large scale industries. All these industrial units collectively laid the foundation for making it the hub of business in entire state.
Among these, National Fertilizers Plant in Panipat is also a major contributor to the development of this city. This Mini Ratna Company under the domain of public sector units under government of India has distinction of being the first fertilizer manufacturer of the country. It has total 5 plants across the nation which includes one plant each at Bhatinda and Nangal in Punjab, 2 plants at Vijaipur in Madhya Pradesh, and 1 plant in Panipat.
About NFL Plant in PanipatIt is aptly situated on National Highway 1 in close proximity to national capital, Delhi. This plant at Panipat was established on Sep 1, 1979 with installed annual capacity of 511500 Metric ton Urea. Initially, it was based on Gasification Technique of Feed Stock. The entire process from its design, erection, and engineering to commissioning was entrusted upon M/s Toyo Engineering Corporation from Japan and M/s Engineers India Limited.
The unit was commenced for manufacturing on basis of fuel oil feedstock though later it was transformed to natural gas. This made NFL an eco friendly unit utilizing gas as feed stock for its total urea production. It is one of few fertilizers plant in the country that has state of the art pollution control systems in place.
Certifications owned by NFL Plant in PanipatNFL is popularly known for its two flagship products viz Kisan Urea and Kisan Khad. Including these, all its products undergo stringent quality measures and occupational safety required to be maintained globally. Having proven its worth as such, the company holds following certifications:
- ISO 9001: 2000
- ISO- 14001
- OHSAS 18001
Interesting Facts about NFL Plant in Panipat
- The plant was commissioned with a capital investment of Rs. 338.27 crores
- It was revamped for gas based urea manufacturing on 28th March, 2013
- The commissioning of this plant was completed well on stipulated time in 1979
- It has captive power plant of 2 X 15 MW
- The primary product of this plant is Mitsu Toastsu Total Recycle C Improved urea
- This plant has the most advanced Effluent Treatment Plant that adheres to the standards set by Central Pollution Control Board.
- The unit has its intranet website through which all the necessary information about MIS and personal details relevant for employees, is made available to them.
- It is the first fertilizer company in India to develop Neem coated urea that has better shelf life with eco friendliness.
Facilities provided at NFL Township in PanipatThe unit has its own hospital with capacity of 25 beds. This hospital bedecked with all latest equipments and techniques is meant for the better treatments of NFL Township residents. The company also has active participation in many health and hygiene related initiatives like blood donation camp, free medical camps, and free medicines to poor. Though, these are just few examples of the philanthropy efforts of NFL Plant in Panipat.
This plant has a fully equipped fire station for any emergency break out of fire within the premises or in its neighboring areas.
This is an integrated Township where the employees of National Fertilizers Limited are provided accommodation along with all basic amenities including health, sanitation, and education.
Achievements of NFL Plant in PanipatThe company successfully revamped its production by switching to natural gas based feedstock instead of fuel. Apart from this achievement it also has some recently won awards to its credit which include:
- Shreshtha Suraksha Puraskar” in year 2011 awarded by National Safety Council (India) Mumbai
- Runner-up Award from National Level Fertilizer Association of India for maintaining Safety in Nitrogenous and Complex Fertilizer plant
Contact NFL Plant in PanipatAddress : National Fertilizers Limited,
Gohana Road, Panipat,
Haryana - 132106
Tel : 0180 - 2652481- 485, 2655570
Fax : 0180 - 2652515
Email : email@example.com