Panipat Thermal Power Station
The plant has eight separate units. The first four units have capacity of 110 MW each with an installed capacity of 1360 MW of this plant. Unit V and VI have capacity of 210 MW each and the last two units carry the capacity of 250 MW each. The Unit I to IV was initially commissioned from November 1979 to 1987 and later on four more units were added to this station. The plant has expanded manifold with these 8 units. Thus a need was felt to improve the performance while also facilitating the control of entire unit. In this regard, the plant was bifurcated into two parts where units from I to IV became PTPS 1 and remaining 4 units were formed as PTPS-2.
Panipat Thermal Power Station-1 (PTPS-1)
Efforts were also made to minimize ash pollution and improve the operational safety and availability of PTPS-1. As a result of these initiatives, units I and II are functioning to their full capacity of 110 MW each with increased power generation. This facility has achieved many milestones since its establishment. These include:
- The units I to IV have the lowest oil consumption. There is low specific coal consumption as well by these units in subsequent years after their commissioning.
- The energy generation by all these units has been exceptionally impressive in all these years.
- Units II and IV of this plant also operated continuously for 46 days and 130 days respectively adding to the landmarks of this station.
Panipat Thermal Power Station- 2 (PTPS-2)
Like PTPS-1, this second plant was also formed with the objective to enhance overall operational capacity and performance of the plant. Since their commissioning, they have functioned very efficiently and fetched many achievements as well.
- With the low specific coal and oil consumption, all these four units have performed well and gave record output in terms of energy generation.
- These units have a very low heat rate and auxiliary consumption.
- They have already made many records of continuously operating for around/more than 100 days.
Achievements of Panipat Thermal Power Station
- The first appreciation was passed to this station in 1997-98 from Honorable Prime Minister of India for meeting the targets of production laid by CEA (Central Electricity Authority) in first half of the year.
- In 2004, Panipat Thermal Power Station received letter of appreciation from Honorable President of India for its outstanding performance in 2003-04.
- While commissioning of Unit VIII in 2004-05, Government of India accorded PTPS with a Gold Shield for successful and timely completion of this unit.
- In the years 1996-97 and 1997-98, HSEB gave special incentive of 10 days salary to the employees of this plant for their efficiency and for record energy generation to achieve the targets.
- Similarly special incentive equal to 7 days salary was awarded by HPGCL to this plant for remarkable performance given by it during 1999- 2000.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0